The 2019 Young Transatlantic Innovation Leaders Initiative (YTILI) Fellowship Program application period is now open and closes on Friday, January 04, 2019 at 05:00 Eastern Standard Time (EST).
To access the YTILI application, please follow the directions in the online portal.
Please note that Applicants must first determine their eligibility before accessing the complete application. Detailed application instructions are also available in here.
What is YTILI ?
Launched in 2016, the Young Transatlantic Innovative Leaders Initiative Fellowship is the flagship program of the Young Transatlantic Innovation Leaders Initiative (YTILI) of the US Department of State and is supported in its implementation by The German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF).
YTILI empowers young European entrepreneurs and innovators with the tools, networks, and resources they need to grow their enterprises and contribute more fully to economic development and job creation, security, and good governance in the region. YTILI is also a vehicle for building a transatlantic network of innovators that can contribute to on an ongoing policy dialogue that strengthens the transatlantic relationship.
In 2019, the YTILI Fellowship will engage young European entrepreneurs in a series of professional development and leadership activities that are designed to support the growth and development of commercial and social business ventures in their home communities. The fellowship includes an Opening Summit in Europe, a week-long experience in a U.S. host city, a Closing Conference in Washington, DC, and online engagement-training opportunities. The 2019 YTILI Fellowship year runs from April 1, 2019 to October 31, 2019 with U.S. travel components planned for September 2019.
A detailed overview of the program elements, participation requirements, and expectations is available below in the Resources Section of our site.
Why Should I Apply ?
• Gain professional experience, skills, and connections valuable to enhancing your business or social venture;
• Connect with a dynamic group of experts and mentors in the United States and Europe;
• Expand your professional network and develop relationships with peers and counterparts on both sides of the Atlantic;
• Explore the policy context, financial landscape, and networks of U.S. entrepreneurial ecosystems;
• Join a growing network of dynamic European entrepreneurs committed to enhancing the transatlantic relationship and contributing to the growth of entrepreneurial ecosystems in their home communities.
Eligibility Criteria and Selection Process
The YTILI Fellowship selection process is a merit-based open competition. The application period opens on Thursday, November 15, 2018 and closes at 5:00 p.m. EST on Friday, January 4, 2019.
The only way to apply is via our online portal.