All Interested Candidates / All Sources
Warehouse Worker (Truck Driver)
06 December 2017
Open Until Filled
Full-time, 40 hours/week
£27,977 gross starting salary per annum, (consisting of: basic salary £23,887, London weighting £2,100 and bonus £1,990).
Performance Related Pay System
Employee Assistance Program
Season Ticket Loan
Generous Annual Leave & Sick Leave
Paid Public Holidays (U.K. & U.S.)
Are you looking for a job within a stable working environment, with a regular wage and paid public holidays? Do you work well in a team environment?
If you answered yes to all of the above, then this job is for you!
The General Services Office (GSO), at the U.S. Embassy in London, is looking for an experienced hardworking Warehouse Truck Driver to join their Warehouse team and be responsible for:
• the safe loading, transportation and unloading of goods from the post LGV (Large Goods Vehicle class C 18T) truck to and from post residential properties, the Chancery and other sites as requested on approved work orders;
• ensuring that all goods are delivered as requested and in acceptable condition and that all items are accounted for;
• enforces safe-loading and handling techniques when delivering and/or collecting items.
In addition to assisting with general warehouse duties such as:
• load preparation and offloading deliveries from containers, suppliers etc;
• operating the fork lift truck (an electronically operated safe moving trolley) and other associated mechanical aids;
• assembling flat pace furniture as and when required.
The following qualifications are also required. It is very important that you address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item in your application and resume/CV. This will help you in our short listing process.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
Completion of secondary school education or an equivalent academic qualification is required.
Experience handling and delivering furniture and appliances or office furniture and equipment is required. The incumbent must have experience driving a LGV commercial furniture vehicle doing multi-drop deliveries within a metropolitan area is required.
English Level III is required.
An understanding of warehouse procedures relating to the storage of furniture, appliances and equipment and the documentation authorizing the movement of items. A good knowledge of London postal districts is essential to this role. The incumbent must have a full understanding of the Highway Code and the parking regulations and requirements for driving a LGV vehicle in and around central London. Full working knowledge of the operation of the LGV class C truck is essential, to include categories such as driving forces; weight, width, height and braking distance parameters. Furthermore, legal requirements pertaining to driver’s hours and records, tachograph operation and enforcement authority inspection of records are required.
The incumbent must understand and comply with speed and weight limits loading, unloading, waiting, stopping and access regulations. As well as maintain professional driving standards, develop and maintain necessary control of LGV incorporating awareness, planning and anticipation in driving skills.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must hold a current (manual) large goods vehicle (LGV class C) driving license, UK/EU/EEA or equivalent. The incumbent must have the ability to assess the space required when loading furniture, appliances or equipment onto the LGV enabling the selected load to be wholly transported within the vehicle negating where possible, the need for multiple journeys. In addition to this, the ability to differentiate between furniture pieces in accordance with handling and storage is required. As well as basic carpentry skills to enable the ability to remove/replace doors and install/remove washers and dryers as required.
Interested candidates for this vacancy MUST submit the following for consideration of their application:
- The London DS0174 Application Form – This is our preferred form of application, as it aims to focus the candidate on the essential criteria of an advertised vacancy.
Please reference our instructions on how to complete the UAE/DS-0174 form.
You must ALSO include the following information in your application for employment:
- Your current curriculum vitae/resume.
- Evidence of your legal right to work in the U.K. such as a copy of your passport biographical page, work visa page and, or, birth certificate. Please do not send originals by mail. Copies are acceptable. Short-listed applicants will be asked to provide, prior to interview, original documentation in support of their legal right to work in the U.K.
- Evidence of Appointment Eligible Family Member (AEFM) Preference (such as a copy of your sponsor’s orders), if applicable. Please do not send originals by mail. Copies are acceptable.
PLEASE NOTE: WHETHER YOU ARE AN INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL CANDIDATE, IF YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE IS INCOMPLETE, YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FURTHER FOR A VACANCY.
Submitting your Application
As an environmentally aware employer, our preference is for you to submit your application by email to LNDRecruit@state.gov
Please ensure documents are in Microsoft Word and/or Adobe Acrobat. JPEG, TIFF or SkyDrive files will not be accepted and your application will be determined invalid. Similarly, if your application exceeds 5MB, your application will be determined invalid.
Alternatively, your application can be mailed to:
The Human Resources & Development (HRD) Office
Embassy of the United States of America
24 Grosvenor Square