All Interested Candidates / All Sources
Warehouse Worker (Transit Kit)
06 December 2017
Open Until Filled
Full-time, 40 hours/week
£25,897 gross starting salary per annum, (consisting of: basic salary £21,967, London weighting £2,100 and bonus £1,830).
Performance Related Pay System
Employee Assistance Program
Season Ticket Loan
Generous Annual Leave & Sick Leave
Paid Public Holidays (U.K. & U.S.)
Would you like to be an important part of the team responsible for the smooth running of the U.S. Embassy Warehouse in Hendon? We are in search of a new team member who can offer first-rate customer service when undertaking a range of duties to include:
• locating individual items in the Warehouse, such as furniture, appliances, and equipment, that have been selected by the General Services Office (GSO) Furnishings Team for issue to and from residential properties, the Embassy and other locations;
• getting out on the road – assisting with the delivery and collection of all furniture, appliances and equipment to residential properties, the Embassy and other locations;
• guiding a team of temporary contract staff during periods of high demand, ensuring their health and safety on site;
• performing basic data entry using the embassy property database and assisting Inventory Clerks with checks on Warehouse and residential inventories;
• providing logistical support for VIP visits at hotels, residences and other sites.
Safety awareness is everything in this position – whether it is handling furniture and appliances with care, making multi-drop deliveries in busy metropolitan areas or operating electronic trollies, mechanical aids and forklifts. As such you will need to have a good working knowledge of driving a non-LGV vehicle safely and confidently, together with an understanding of procedures relating to the storage of furniture, appliances and equipment with minimal damage in a Warehouse environment.
The following qualifications are also required. It is very important that you address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item in your application and resume/CV. This will help you in our short listing process.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
4 GCSE’s or an equivalent academic qualification is required.
Previous work experience handling and delivering household furniture and appliances or office furniture and equipment is required. The incumbent must have experience driving a non-L.G.V. van on multi-drop deliveries within a metropolitan area. Experience in stock control, or inventory & procurement is also required. Previous experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is essential.
English Level III is required.
A good working knowledge of non-L.G.V. vehicle operating requirements is required. The incumbent must understand warehouse procedures relating to the storage of furniture, appliances and equipment whilst minimizing damage is required. An understanding of the importance of customer service is required. TV set-up and installation knowledge is essential. A basic understanding of administrative and clerical procedures is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must hold a current full (manual) UK/EU/EEA driver’s license. The incumbent must have the ability to operate basic tools for the use in the course of work. Working as part of a team is required. The incumbent must have strong interpersonal skills, customer service skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of staff. Ability to prioritize workload, manage time efficiently and to work under pressure to meet deadlines is required. Level 1 typing skills is required.
Interested candidates for this vacancy MUST submit the following for consideration of their application:
- The London DS0174 Application Form – This is our preferred form of application, as it aims to focus the candidate on the essential criteria of an advertised vacancy.
Please reference our instructions on how to complete the UAE/DS-0174 form.
You must ALSO include the following information in your application for employment:
- Your current curriculum vitae/resume.
- Evidence of your legal right to work in the U.K. such as a copy of your passport biographical page, work visa page and, or, birth certificate. Please do not send originals by mail. Copies are acceptable. Short-listed applicants will be asked to provide, prior to interview, original documentation in support of their legal right to work in the U.K.
- Evidence of Appointment Eligible Family Member (AEFM) Preference (such as a copy of your sponsor’s orders), if applicable. Please do not send originals by mail. Copies are acceptable.
PLEASE NOTE: WHETHER YOU ARE AN INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL CANDIDATE, IF YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE IS INCOMPLETE, YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FURTHER FOR A VACANCY.
Submitting your Application
As an environmentally aware employer, our preference is for you to submit your application by email to LNDRecruit@state.gov
Please ensure documents are in Microsoft Word and/or Adobe Acrobat. JPEG, TIFF or SkyDrive files will not be accepted and your application will be determined invalid. Similarly, if your application exceeds 5MB, your application will be determined invalid.
Alternatively, your application can be mailed to:
The Human Resources & Development (HRD) Office
Embassy of the United States of America
24 Grosvenor Square