At this time, Embassy London can accept interview waiver applications for individuals who will be traveling in an official capacity and applying for one of the following visa categories: A-1, A-2, C-2, C-3, G-1, G-2, G-3, G-4, NATO-01, NATO-04, NATO-05, or NATO-06. If you wish to apply for one of the visa categories listed, please click here for application instructions and information about how to contact the Diplomatic Visa Unit with any questions.
Due to the Presidential Proclamations that remain in effect, other visa categories are not eligible for interview waiver through Embassy London’s interview waiver program at this time.
J, O and P visa applicants who are renewing a visa of the same classification that is still valid, or if expired, has expired within the last 12 months. In addition:
- You must normally be resident in the United Kingdom and physically present at the time the application is made;
- You are renewing a visa that was issued in in London or Belfast;
- You have provided 10 fingerprints when you applied for the visa;
- You have not been refused a visa, or if refused, have since been issued a visa;
- You can answer “NO” to all the Security and Background questions on the DS-160 visa application form;
- Your visa has not been lost, stolen or revoked; and
- The visa was not annotated with “Clearance Received”.
J visa applicants only. In order to apply for a visa through the Interview Waiver Program, you must have the same SEVIS number as when the visa was originally issued.
Diplomatic and government/international organization official visa applicants may also qualify to apply without attending a visa interview. Click here to find out about how to apply for a diplomatic or official visa.