Spouses holding derivative L-2. E-1, E-2, or J-2 visas may work in the United States with the permission of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).  For further information, please contact the USCIS on your arrival in the United States.  In limited circumstances spouses of a H visa holder may be eligible to work.   Please contact U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services for further information. Spouses not eligible to work and children require the appropriate work visas.