If you have been notified that the petition has been approved and you have received the Notice of Action, Form I-797, and NVC has advised you that your application has been transferred to the Embassy in London for processing, you are required to complete the following steps to prepare for your immigrant visa interview. (Spouses of U.S. Citizens and their children applying for K-3 & K-4 visas are required to follow the same instructions). If more than 2 weeks have passed since your petition has been approved and you have not received a letter from the Embassy, please contact us through the contact form.
This is an overview of the steps required to apply for a visa. Keep reading our website for more detailed information, including how to book your medical exam, a list of documents required on the day of your visa interview and what to expect during your interview.
Step 1 - Registering with the Courier Service
You are required to register with the courier service at the time you schedule the appointment and pay the MRV application fee at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv
Note: Your passport will returned to you by the Embassy approved courier service. There is no other method of delivery; you cannot collect your passport in person
Step 2 - Application Form (DS-160)
Complete the application online Form DS-160 for each family member applying for a visa and print the confirmation page as it will be required at the time of your interview. If a question does not apply to you, please mark it with a N/A.
Step 3 - Supporting Documents
Assemble all of the documents required in support of your application, including the Affidavit of Support from your fiance(e) or in the case of a K3 visa applicant, spouse. For a list of required documents click here. Do not send any documents to the Immigrant Visa Unit before your interview.
Step 4 - Scheduling Your Interview
After you have attended your medical examination, you should then schedule your visa interview through the Visa Appointment Service website at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv and follow these instructions:
- Select “I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to register or schedule a K visa appointment”;
- Follow the onscreen instructions to register an account;
- If you have children applying under your case number, you may “add” applicants to your account after you have added your own details.
- You will be asked to select your delivery method for the return of your passport if your visa application is successful. Delivery to a courier depot is free. If you wish to upgrade to home/office delivery you can pay an additional fee through your account;
- Pay the MRV application fee;
- You will then be offered the first available interview date, but you may choose any available date. Note: You may schedule an appointment to take place after the petition expiration date, provided that you bring to your interview a signed letter from your petitioner confirming that you both remain legally free to marry and that you will marry within 90 days of your arrival in the United States.
- Please go to “Print Instructions” in order to print your courier confirmation page. You must bring this with you on the day of the visa interview.
For more tips and guidance on booking your visa interview, please see our instructional SlideShare presentation at http://www.slideshare.net/USAinUK/us-immigrant-visas-how-to-book-a-visa-interview-appointment