Son/Daughter (over 21), Brother or Sister of a U.S. Citizen

If you are the unmarried son or daughter (aged 21 or over) of a U.S. citizen; married son or daughter of a U.S citizen or brother or sister of a U.S. citizen you may apply for a visa in either the family based third or fourth preference category on the basis of an immigrant visa petition filed by your relative with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)..

Your relative is required to file an immigrant visa petition, Form I-130, on your behalf with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). If a petition has not already been filed, information about how to do so is available here. You should contact USCIS directly if you have any questions about the petition process.

The petition will take several months to process.  Once approved, the petition will be forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC) in New Hampshire which will process the visa application.