If you have not yet applied for a Re-entry permit, you may file Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, at USCIS. You should file this application well in advance of your planned trip. Filing instructions and forms are available on the Web site at www.uscis.gov.
How to check your status and schedule an appointment
- Check your “Application/Petition/Request Number”. If you applied for a Re-entry permit and completed biometrics at a designated Application Support Center (ASC), you will receive the I-797C Notice of Action with a biometrics processing stamp. You will find the number at the top-right of the notice. You can check status of I-131 application on the USCIS website.
- Find your “Application/Petition/Request Number” in the list below. If you find your number on the list, that means the U.S. Embassy in London has received your Re-entry permit. Please contact the Immigrant Visa Branch of the U.S. Embassy, London using their dedicated contact form to schedule an appointment.
Appointments are available Monday to Wednesday at 10am for collection. *(excluding Embassy holidays and no-service days).
If you do not find your number in the list, please check this webpage again later. We will update the list as soon as we receive Re-entry Permits from the USCIS.
Attending an appointment
- The only Collection points for Re-entry permits in the UK are the U.S. Embassy in London and the U.S. Consulate General in Belfast. You are required to select your designated delivery address or collection point when completing the I-130/travel document application form. The U.S. consulate General in Edinburgh does not offer Re-entry permit collection services.
- The permit must be collected by the Alien to whom it belongs. Alternatively, you may designate your spouse to collect on your behalf. They will need to bring a letter of permission from you and their valid photo ID.
- Pick up day and time may subject to change under the COVID-19 situation. Please check the email notice you will receive with the designated date and time.
List of Petition Receipt Number
This list was last updated: March 2, 2023 at 11:15 UTC.
Petitions are listed in numerical order by the last 5 digits of your receipt number.
See the top-right of your I-797C for your Application or Petition/Request Number.
- List of Re-entry permits available for collection (PDF / 1 page)