Family Immigration

If you wish to enter the United States and reside there indefinitely, you will require an immigrant visa.  This is true regardless of whether or not you intend to work.

For information on how you may qualify for immigration through the sponsorship of a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident relative, please click on the relevant links.

No provision exists under U.S. visa law to qualify for immigration to the United States on the basis of retirement.  Grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins cannot file immigrant visa petitions on behalf of a relative.