NATO – Foreign Military Personnel

You will qualify for a NATO-1, NATO-2, NATO-3, NATO-4, NATO-5 or NATO-6 visa if you are seeking admission to the United States under the applicable provision of the Agreement on the Status of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, National Representatives and International Staff, or are a member of the immediate family of an alien classified NATO-1 through NATO-6.

However, many armed forces personnel are exempt from passport and visa requirements if they are either attached to NATO Allied Headquarters in the United States and are traveling on official business, or are entering the United States under NATO Status of Forces Agreement. In the case of the later, they must carry official military ID cards and NATO travel orders.