The U.S. Embassy in London and the Consulate in Belfast have resumed this service.
The Consulate in Edinburgh continues to offer emergency appointments only. Please be aware that emergency appointment availability is extremely limited.
In order to replace a lost or stolen passport you are required to apply in person by attending a pre-arranged appointment.
- Form DS-11 available online here or as a downloadable PDF (84 KB). You must print the form but DO NOT sign
- Form DS-64 Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport. This form will automatically be generated if completing the online Form DS-11 or you can download a PDF version. Submitting this form will permanently declare your passport as lost/stolen.
- One passport photograph.
- Non-refundable application fee.
- Evidence of U.S. citizenship – such evidence may include but is not limited to:
- U.S. Birth Certificate
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad
- Expired U.S. Passport
- U.S. Passport Card
- Return delivery envelope – pre-paid (up to 500g) self-addressed Royal Mail Special Delivery envelope. Alternative delivery options are available if applying through US Embassy, London. Please see ‘How to Submit My Application’ below.
For applicants under 16
Both parents must attend with the child and present evidence of parentage (such as child’s birth certificate or consular report of birth abroad, listing parents’ names) and government-issued photo identification. If only one parent or legal guardian attends, please see information below.
If any custodial parent is not able to attend, they must submit a notarized Form DS-3053 Statement of Consent. The form can be downloaded here (PDF421 KB). At the time the DS-3053 form is presented, a copy of the same identity document presented to notarize the form must also be provided.
Please note: The notarized DS-3053 must be less than three months old.
If you have sole legal authority to act on behalf of the child, we require official documentation. Examples include:
- Original copy of the child’s birth certificate listing you as the only parent
- Complete court order granting sole legal custody of the child, such as a divorce decree or other custody order
- Complete court order specifically permitting you to apply solely for the child’s passport
- Certified copy of an adoption decree listing you as the only parent
- Certified copy of the judicial declaration of incompetence of the parent that cannot appear in person
- Certified copy of the death certificate for non-applying parent
Applicants aged 16-17
Applicants should be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The accompanying adult must present government issued photo identification. If a parent or legal guardian cannot accompany the applicant, evidence of Parental Awareness must be presented in the form of;
- A signed note from legal parent or legal guardian with a photocopy of their ID.
- Proof that legal parent or legal guardian is paying the application fees (Example: parent or guardian name is written on the check or money order)
- Please note, we may ask the applicant to submit a notarized statement from their legal parent or legal guardian (e.g., on Form DS-3053) which states he or she supports the applicant receiving a passport. The statement must be accompanied by a photocopy of that parent or guardian’s ID.
If you need a new U.S. passport in less than two weeks, you should discuss this during your appointment as you may require an emergency passport.
- Color photograph
- Taken in last 6 months
- No eyeglasses (If you must wear eye glasses for medical reasons, you’ll need to submit a signed statement with your application from a medical professional)
- 2 x 2 inches
- For babies and small children, it is advisable to have someone take the photograph (photo booth photos may not be accepted) Infants’ eyes are not required to be open
Please click here for more information regarding passport photograph requirements.
How much to pay
$115 (for applicants under the age of 16)
$145 (for applicants age 16 and over)
Acceptable payment methods
- Credit/Debit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) – card transactions are in U.S. dollars and you may be subject to additional fees applied by your payment card provider
- Cash (in U.S. dollars or pounds sterling)
Fees for this service are paid in person to the cashier at the time of the appointment. We cannot accept contactless payment of any kind. Please note that there is no expedited service outside the United States. The option to pay by cash applies to in person applications at the U.S. Embassy, London and U.S. Consulate General, Belfast. U.S. Consulate, Edinburgh CANNOT accept cash payments.
Social Security Numbers
If you have been issued a social security number (SSN) you must provide it on the application for a U.S. passport. If the name on their social security record does not match the name on the passport application please make sure that question 9 on the form – ‘List all other names you have used’ is completed.
If you do not have a Social Security Number, you must submit a statement, signed and dated, that includes the phrase, “I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the following is true and correct: I have (or my child [child’s name]) has never been issued a Social Security number by the Social Security Administration.”
If you are in the United Kingdom and require a new or replacement Social Security number card, you should contact the Federal Benefits Unit at the Embassy.
How to request an appointment if you are in England or Wales
When scheduling the appointment you should make a written note of the following:
- The appointment confirmation number generated.
- The date and time for your appointment. You will not receive email confirmation of the appointment date.
- The appointment password. You will require the password if you need to cancel the appointment. No record of your password is kept at the Embassy.
You are not required to present a printout of the confirmation sheet on the day of the appointment as your name will be on the access list for that day, although you may wish to keep a copy for your records. Please ensure that you arrive at the Embassy at the appointed time, otherwise we may be required to cancel your appointment.
Please click here to book an appointment to take place at U.S. Embassy London. Each applicant requiring a service at the Embassy must have a separate appointment. Schedule the appointment in the name of the applicant. When you book the appointment, it is vital that you print or note down your password and the appointment date and time. You will not receive an automated appointment confirmation email or reminder emails.
As we continue to resume services, appointments remain limited. If there are no appointments available when you first check the booking system, please keep checking. New appointments are regularly added, including appointments made available from daily cancellations. These appointments can only be booked through the online calendar, not by email or telephone, which is why it is important to keep checking the calendar.
If you reach five working days before your booked, urgent overseas travel date and you have been unable to book an appointment despite checking the online calendar regularly, you can click here to request an emergency appointment. Please include the following information in your request:
- The full name of each applicant, and the passport or citizenship service they require.
- The date, time, and point of departure of the overseas travel.
How to request an emergency appointment if you are in Scotland
If you need to apply for a passport and you have imminent confirmed travel (within the next three weeks), please email Edinburgh-Info@state.gov explaining your circumstances for advice.
How to Apply for an Appointment if you are in Northern Ireland
Please click here to book an appointment to take place at U.S. Consulate General Belfast. Passport processing and return takes approximately 2 – 3 weeks.
Print or note down the appointment date and time and your password. You will not receive an appointment confirmation email or reminder emails. You will require the password if you need to cancel the appointment. No record of your password is kept by the Consulate.
As we continue to resume services, appointments remain limited. If there are no appointments available when you first check the booking system, please keep checking as new appointments are added periodically.
If you are unable to book an appointment at least 3 weeks prior to your travel date, please email firstname.lastname@example.org explaining your circumstances for advice. Please include the name and age and location of the applicant(s).