You will need to bring the following:
- Your damaged U.S. passport;
- Evidence of U.S. Citizenship. Such evidence may include but is not limited to: U.S. birth or naturalization certificate, Report of Birth Abroad or an expired, undamaged U.S. passport;
- Valid, government issued photo I.D. (such as foreign passport, driving licence or military I.D);
- One U.S. passport sized (2x2inch) photograph – see photo requirements for information or check our SlideShare presentation. Photos which do not meet the requirements will be rejected; U.K. sized photos will not be accepted;
- For applicants under 16, a birth certificate must also be presented and both parents must attend the appointment with the child. If only one parent can appear, please follow these instructions. Attending parents must bring valid, government issued photo I.D.;
- Applicants aged 16-17 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The accompanying adult must bring government issued photo I.D;
- The non-refundable application fee for a first passport is $115.00 (for under 16s) or $145.00 (for over 16s). You will pay the fee in person to the Cashier at the time you appear at the Embassy. Fee information is available here; and
- Form DS-11. Before you begin, see our YouTube video for instructions on completing the form. Complete the form online and print. Do not sign it. You are required to sign the form before a consular officer.
To help you further prepare for your appointment and find your way to the U.S. Embassy in London, please also see our appointment guide (PDF 277 KB).