Renewing an Adult Passport

You may renew your passport by mail if your most recent U.S. passport meets all of the following requirements:

  • Is undamaged and can be submitted with your application;
  • Was issued within the last 15 years;
  • Was issued with 10 year validity; and
  • Was issued in your current name or you have changed your name since your passport was issued and can submit legal documentation (e.g. marriage certificate, Change of Name Deed) to prove this change.

If your most recent U.S. passport does not meet all these requirements, please follow the instructions here.

Note: Many countries have passport validity requirements. Before traveling we recommend you visit the Department of State website to ensure that your passport is valid for travel to all countries you will visit.