Urgent Information Regarding ACS Appointments
Due to reduced staffing, the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in London and the Consulates General in Edinburgh and Belfast are providing emergency services only until further notice.
If you require an emergency service, please contact the appropriate consular office to request an emergency appointment.
Please check our Frequently Asked Questions for important information. For further updates, please check the Embassy’s website regularly. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to restore full services at the earliest opportunity.
If you are in possession of any of the following documents, you may apply for your first passport in person through a pre-arranged appointment
- A U.S. Birth Certificate;
- A Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240);
- A Certification of Birth (Form FS-545 or DS-1350);
- A U.S. Certificate of Citizenship;
- A U.S. Naturalization Certificate; or
- A passport of your U.S. citizen parent(s) in which you are included.
Note: Many countries have passport validity requirements. Before traveling we recommend you visit the Department of State website at travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/before-you-go to ensure that your passport is valid for travel to all countries you will visit.