You are required to bring the following to your appointment:
- Your most recent U.S. passport;
- One passport sized (2x2inch) photograph – see photo requirements for information. Photos which do not meet the requirements will be rejected; U.K. size photos will not be accepted;
- Government issued photo I.D (such as U.S or foreign passport, driving licence or military I.D). A U.S. passport will meet this requirement if it is not expired;
- If your passport was issued more then 15 years ago, please provide 1-2 photographs per year from when your last passport was issued to present, to show how your appearance has changed (family or informal photos are acceptable);
- If you have changed your name since your previous U.S. passport was issued, you will be required to furnish legal documentation (e.g. marriage certificate, Change of Name Deed) to prove this change;
- The non-refundable application fee for an adult U.S passport is $145.00. You will pay the fee in person to the Cashier at the time you appear at the Embassy. Fee information is available here; and
- Form DS-11 (Click here to be taken to the form). Please complete the form on-line, then print and submit to the U.K. Before you begin, see our YouTube video for instructions on completing the form. DO NOT mail this form to the United States and DO NOT sign the form until requested to do so by a Consular Officer.
To help you further prepare for your appointment and find your way to the U.S. Embassy in London, please also see our appointment guide (PDF 277 KB).