Welcome to the Passport & Citizenship Unit of the U.S. Embassy London. We provide services for United States Citizens resident in England and Wales. We are open for appointments Monday to Friday mornings. The Unit is closed to the public on U.S. and U.K. public holidays.
If you reside in Northern Ireland or Scotland, please use the links below for information about passport services. For post specific information, including opening hours for U.S. Consulate General Edinburgh or Consulate General Belfast, please visit their website.
Please note: There is no walk-in service for United States citizens who require a service related to passports, citizenship or birth registration. These services are by appointment only.
If you are traveling within the next 2 business days, please see ” Emergency Travel” on the right-hand side of this page for further information.
What Service Do You Require?
Apply for a Passport
- Renew an adult passport
- Renew a child’s passport under the age of 16
- Replace a damaged passport
- Exchange a limited-validity passport for full-validity
- Apply for an adult passport – my last passport was issued before I was 16 or more than 15 years ago
- Apply for a second passport
- Replacing a lost or stolen passport
- Reporting the birth of a child born outside the United States and applying for the first passport
- Apply for a passport card
- Emergency Travel