Urgent Information Regarding ACS Appointments
Due to reduced staffing, the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in London and the Consulates General in Edinburgh and Belfast are providing emergency services only until further notice. If you require an emergency service, please contact the appropriate consular office to request an emergency appointment.
Please check our Frequently Asked Questions for important information. For further updates, please check the Embassy’s website regularly. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to restore full services at the earliest opportunity.
Please note, if you will be applying for a passport at the Embassy in London due to a critical emergency, fees can only be accepted in exact cash (GBP or USD):
- Adult passport renewal: £94 / $110
- Child passport renewal (under age 16): £98 / $115
- Adult passport – my last passport was issued before I was 16 or more than 15 years ago: £124 / $145
- Replacing a lost/stolen/missing/damaged passport: £124 / $145 (aged 16 or over) £98 / $115 (under age 16)
- First ever U.S. passport: £124 / $145 (aged 16 or over) £98 / $115 (under age 16)
Please be prepared to show your confirmed itinerary for travel within the next five days.
Welcome to the Passport & Citizenship Unit of the U.S. Embassy London. We provide services for United States Citizens in England and Wales. We are open for appointments Monday to Friday mornings. The Unit is closed to the public on U.S. and U.K. public holidays.
If you are in Northern Ireland or Scotland, please use the links below for information about passport services. For post specific information, including opening hours for U.S. Consulate General Edinburgh or Consulate General Belfast, please visit their website.
Please note: There is no walk-in service for United States citizens who require a service related to passports, citizenship or birth registration. These services are by appointment only.
If you are travelling within the next 2 business days, please see ” Emergency Passports” below under “Apply for a Passport”.
Many countries have passport validity requirements. Before travelling we recommend you visit the Department of State website to ensure that your passport is valid for travel to all countries you will visit.
Select the Service You Require
Apply for a Passport
- Adult Passport Renewal
- Renew a child’s passport under the age of 16
- Damaged passport
- Apply for an adult passport – my last passport was issued before I was 16 or more than 15 years ago
- Second passport
- Lost or stolen passport
- Reporting the birth of a child born outside the United States (CRBA) and applying for the first passport
- Passport card
- Emergency Passports (including emergency travel)