U.S. citizens – including U.S. dual nationals – are required to enter and exit the United States using a U.S. passport. For passport entry requirements into the UK and other countries, please check travel.state.gov.
Welcome to the Passport & Citizenship Unit of the U.S. Embassy London. We provide services for United States Citizens in England and Wales. We are open for appointments Monday to Friday mornings. The Unit is closed to the public on U.S. and U.K. public holidays.
If you are in Northern Ireland or Scotland, please use the links below (under Select the Service You Require) for information about passport services. For post specific information, including opening hours for U.S. Consulate General Edinburgh or Consulate General Belfast, please visit their website.
Please note: There is no walk-in service for United States citizens who require a service related to passports, citizenship or birth registration. These services are by appointment only.
Many countries have passport validity requirements. Before travelling we recommend you visit the Department of State website to ensure that your passport is valid for travel to all countries you will visit.
Select the Service You Require
Apply for a Passport
- Adult Passport Renewal
- Change name on passport
- Renew a child’s passport under the age of 16
- Damaged passport
- Apply for an adult passport – my last passport was issued before I was 16 or more than 15 years ago
- Second passport
- Lost or stolen passport
- Exchanging an Emergency Passport for a Full Validity Passport
- Changing a name on a Full Validity (10 year) Passport issued within the last 12 months
- Emergency Passports
- Reporting the birth of a child born outside the United States (CRBA) and applying for the first passport
- Applying for your first U.S. passport if you were born in the U.S. or already hold U.S. citizenship
- Claiming U.S. citizenship and applying for your first U.S. passport (aged 18 or over)