Welcome to the Passport & Citizenship Unit of the U.S. Embassy London. We provide services for United States Citizens in England and Wales. We are open for appointments Monday to Friday mornings. The Unit is closed to the public on U.S. and U.K. public holidays.
If you are in Northern Ireland or Scotland, please use the links below for information about passport services. For post specific information, including opening hours for U.S. Consulate General Edinburgh or Consulate General Belfast, please visit their website.
Please note: There is no walk-in service for United States citizens who require a service related to passports, citizenship or birth registration. These services are by appointment only.
If you are traveling within the next 2 business days, please see ” Emergency Travel” on the right-hand side of this page for further information.
Select the Service You Require
Apply for a Passport
- Renew an adult passport
- Renew a child’s passport under the age of 16
- Replace a damaged passport
- Apply for an adult passport – my last passport was issued before I was 16 or more than 15 years ago
- Apply for a second passport
- Replacing a lost or stolen passport
- Reporting the birth of a child born outside the United States and applying for the first passport
- Apply for a passport card
- Emergency Travel
Exchange a Limited Validity Passport for Full Validity
If you were issued an emergency, limited-validity passport at a U.S Embassy or Consulate because you had urgent need of travel, you should apply to renew this passport for a full-validity passport as soon as possible. Click here for further information