Fingerprinting services in the UK and the United States

We are unable to offer a public fingerprinting service for employment or foreign visa purposes. If you are in the UK, please visit the Metropolitan Police website for an interactive guide to how to request fingerprinting services.

We are aware of an independent operator in Edinburgh, Mark McLoughlin FINGERPRINTSERVICE. We cannot recommend this service and you will have to contact the organization that requested your fingerprints to confirm if they will be acceptable.

If your fingerprints/biometrics have been requested in connection with a USCIS application, please see Section 4 of our U.S. Visa and Travel FAQs.

If you need fingerprinting services in the United States, please visit the National Background Information website to search for fingerprinting locations.

If you need fingerprinting in connection with U.S. government employment (including Peace Corps or an internship), please click here to use our contact form.

If you need a criminal records check, certificate of good conduct, certificate of no impediment or police certificate, please click here for information about the options available to you.