Emergency Assistance

Please note: The Department of State assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the entities or individuals whose names appear on the following lists. Inclusion on this list is in no way an endorsement by the Department or the U.S. government. Names are listed alphabetically, and the order in which they appear has no other significance. The information on the list is provided directly by the local service providers; the Department is not in a position to vouch for such information.


Police in the UK

  • Contact the police by calling 999 to report emergencies or by calling 101 for non-emergencies.
  • Call 999 if you are reporting a crime that is in progress or if someone is in immediate danger.
  • Call 101 to report crimes that are not an emergency.
  • You can also call 101 to give non-emergency information to the police or make an inquiry.

Medical (Ambulance) in the UK

In a genuine medical emergency call 999 for an ambulance

Fire Service Service in the UK

In a genuine emergency call 999