Social Security Benefits Statements

Question:   How do I correct the address on my Social Security Statement which I receive each year?

Answer: Until you actually apply for benefit payments, we do not keep your current address on record at the Social Security Administration. When we mail your automatic Social Security Statement to you, we use the address provided to us by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
Your address will be automatically updated when you file your next U.S. Tax Return or you can correct the address that IRS has on file by completing the Form 8822 (PDF – 244kb) (click HERE to download a PDF of IRS Form 8822) and mailing it to IRS.