Reporting a Change of Address

If you are moving from the U.S. you will ALSO need to provide a completed Form SSA-21 (PDF – 148kb), Supplement To Claim Of Person Outside The United States, (click HERE to download a PDF of SSA-21) – all questions must be answered and legible.

Note: Until you actually apply for benefit payments, we do not keep your current address on record at the Social Security Administration. When we mail your automatic Social Security Statement to you, we use the address provided to us by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Your address will be automatically updated when you file your next U.S. Tax Return or you can correct the address that IRS has on file by completing the Form 8822 and mailing it to IRS – please click HERE to download a PDF of IRS Form 8822 (PDF / 244Kb).


Last updated:  31 March 2020