Visit www.socialsecurity.gov for more information on mySocialSecurity accounts and the online services that are currently available. SSA is working to improve and expand the available services.
A mySocialSecurity account allows you to:
- Keep track of your earnings and verify them every year;
- Get an estimate of your future benefits if you are still working;
- Get a letter with proof of your benefits if you currently receive them; and
- Manage your benefits:
· Change your address;
· Start or change your direct deposit; and
· Get a replacement SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S for tax season.
Setting up an account is quick, secure, and easy. Join the millions and create an account now!
A mySocialSecurity account can be opened if:
- you have a U.S. mailing address and a U.S. cell phone and your identity can be verified,
- you have a U.S. military APO address and a U.S. cell phone and your identity can be verified.
An account cannot currently be opened if you have a foreign mailing address.
If you have a U.S. mailing address, or U.S. military APO address and a U.S. cell phone and encounter any problem with the verification process, you will need to arrange to visit the Federal Benefits Unit in person, with proof of your identity.