The London Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) provides services for the Social Security Administration, Department of Veterans Affairs, Office of Personnel Management, Railroad Retirement Board, Medicare, and Department of Labor. The largest program is the Social Security Administration.
The FBU London provides assistance to over 44,000 beneficiaries throughout the UK, and the following countries in Africa: Botswana, Ghana, Gambia, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
If you reside in the Netherlands, Belgium or Luxembourg, please direct your inquiry to the Federal Benefits Unit in Dublin, Ireland.
If you reside in a country that is not listed above, please direct your inquiry to your local U.S Embassy or Consulate’s website to locate your nearest Federal Benefits Unit.
The Federal Benefits Unit is unable to answer inquiries related to visas, passports, IRS, Selective Service Registration, voting or other non-federal benefit issues. Please see the Embassy Sections and Agencies for assistance in contacting the correct department.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) answers the most popular questions.
- For general enquiries see: Contacting the London Federal Benefits Unit
- Filing for Benefits or Medicare
- mySocialSecurity Online Services
- Social Security Numbers (SSN)
- Reporting a Change of Address
- Reporting a Death
- Requesting or Reporting a Change of Direct Deposit
- Social Security Benefit Statements
- Foreign Enforcement Questionnaire (Forms SSA-7161 or SSA-7162)