You must mail the following documents to arrive at this office at least 7 days in advance of your appointment :
1. Form DS2029 application for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad – completed fully but not signed. You must send all pages of the form but do not send the instruction pages;
2. Form DS11 application for a passport – completed fully but not signed. You must send all pages of the form but do not send the instruction pages ;
3. Two photocopies of the child’s long-form British birth certificate (this is the certificate showing both parents’ names);
4. One photocopy of the parents’ official marriage certificate containing the marriage registration record and bearing an official seal, if applicable;
5. One photocopy of the parents’ divorce decree(s), if applicable;
6. One photocopy of the death certificate for the parent’s previous spouse, if applicable;
7. One photocopies of the details page of the US passport of the American citizen parent(s);
8. One photocopy of the details page of the foreign passport belonging to a non-American citizen parent;
9. A note giving the date and time of your appointment.
If you do not send the documents in advance it will not be possible to deal with your application and you will be asked to book an appointment on another day.
You must bring the original documents and the evidence of your physical presence in the U.S. prior to your child’s birth, i.e. official transcripts, previous passports containing immigration stamps confirming the dates of your travel outside the United States, to your appointment.
Note: If only one parent is a U.S. citizen, and that parent is not presently in this country, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions.