You are required to furnish the following:
- Your Birth Certificate – Certified copy of your long-form birth record issued by the appropriate governmental authority, showing your full name, date and place of birth, parents’ information, filing and issue date;
- Evidence of U.S. Citizenship of the Parent(s) such as a U.S. Passport or U.S. Certificate of Naturalization/Certificate of Citizenship. If your parents have not previously been issued either, a U.S. Birth certificate or Consular Report of Birth Abroad;
- Evidence of Parents’ Marriage: Certified copy of your parents’ marriage certificate issued by the appropriate governmental authority. Religious records are not acceptable;
- Evidence of Termination of your Parent’s Previous Marriages ( if applicable): Certified copy of divorce decree/death certificate etc;
- Evidence of Change of Name; If you and/or your parents have changed names through marriage, court order, etc, submit an original or certified copy of the relevant documents;
- Evidence of Physical Presence in the United States of U.S. Citizen Parent(s); Documentary evidence of periods of physical presence in the United States of your U.S. citizen parent(s) prior to your birth, including periods of physical presence outside the United States when the parent served in the U.S. armed forces or were employed by other U.S. government agencies (if applicable). Please consult transmission requirements for physical presence requirements applicable at the time of your birth;
- Your Identifying Documents: Your current and expired foreign passports. It may also be necessary for your mother or father to accompany you to the Embassy to identify you. If your parents are unable to attend, you should submit a progression of identifying documents of yourself from childhood to the present (e.g. medical records, baptism certificate, school year books, student I.D. card, old passports, old driver’s license, etc);
- Evidence of Parentage, Legitimation or Financial Support: Credible and substantial evidence of blood relationship between yourself and your U.S. parent(s) must be submitted with your application. If you were born out-of-wedlock, please consult transmission requirements for the legitimization laws and financial support requirements that may be applicable at the time of your birth;
- Affidavit of Parentage Completed by your U.S. Citizen Parent(s) (PDF 280Kb): Your U.S. citizen parent should accompany you to the Embassy to sign the affidavit under oath. If your parent is in the United States, the affidavit can be signed before a notary public and must be accompanied by a notarized copy of your parent’s passport or driver’s license.
- Photograph: One U.S. size passport photograph.
- Fee: The non-refundable application fee for an adult U.S passport is $145.00.
Please note: Certain applications may require additional documents/evidence and procedures to process.