Urgent Information Regarding ACS Appointments
Due to reduced staffing, the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in London and the Consulates General in Edinburgh and Belfast are providing emergency services only until further notice. If you require an emergency service, please contact the appropriate consular office to request an emergency appointment.
Please check our Frequently Asked Questions for important information. For further updates, please check the Embassy’s website regularly. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to restore full services at the earliest opportunity.
Please note, if you will be applying for a passport at the Embassy in London due to a critical emergency, fees can only be accepted in exact cash (GBP or USD):
- Adult passport renewal: £94 / $110
- Child passport renewal (under age 16): £98 / $115
- Adult passport – my last passport was issued before I was 16 or more than 15 years ago: £124 / $145
- Replacing a lost/stolen/missing/damaged passport: £124 / $145 (aged 16 or over) £98 / $115 (under age 16)
- First ever U.S. passport: £124 / $145 (aged 16 or over) £98 / $115 (under age 16)
Please be prepared to show your confirmed itinerary for travel within the next five days.
Welcome to U.S. Citizen Services at the U.S. Embassy London. We provide information and assistance to U.S. citizens in England and Wales. If you reside in Northern Ireland, please contact the Consulate General in Belfast for assistance. If you reside in Scotland, please contact the Consulate General in Edinburgh for assistance.
U.S. Citizen Services at the Embassy in London consists of the Passport & Citizenship Unit, the Special Consular Services Unit, and the Federal Benefits Unit. We are closed to the public on U.S. and British Public Holidays.