Travel and Health Alert: U.S. Embassy London, United Kingdom (November 1, 2021)
U. S. Embassy London
November 01, 2021
Location: United Kingdom
Event: Travel and Health Alert
The Department of State encourages all U.S. citizens to enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security and health updates.
On October 25, 2021, the Biden Administration released a Proclamation on Advancing the Safe Resumption of Global Travel During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Starting November 8, foreign national air travelers to the United States will be required – with limited exceptions – to be fully vaccinated and to provide proof of vaccination status prior to boarding an airplane to fly to the United States.
The CDC has determined that for the purposes of entry into the United States, vaccines accepted will include those FDA approved or authorized, as well as vaccines with an emergency use listing (EUL) from the World Health Organization (WHO). Consult the CDC website for more information.
Fully vaccinated air travelers will continue to be required to show documentation of a pre-departure negative viral test taken within three days of travel to the United States before boarding. This includes U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents (LPRs), and foreign nationals.
Unvaccinated travelers – whether U.S. citizens, LPRs, or the small number of excepted unvaccinated foreign nationals – will now need to show proof of a negative test within one day of travel to the United States.
The Department of State has issued a Level 4 Travel Advisory for the UK.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 4 (Very High) Travel Health Notice for the United Kingdom due to COVID-19 advising travelers to avoid non-essential travel to Europe.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the COVID-19 page on travel.state.gov for the latest information on specific countries.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the United Kingdom.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
U.S. Consulate General Edinburgh
+44 (0) 131 556-8315
U.S. Consulate General Belfast
+44(0) 28 9038-6100