All Interested Candidates / All Sources
Trades Helper/Truck Driver x 3
May 15, 2017
Open Until Filled
Full-time, 40 hours/week
With Heavy Goods Vehicle Class II License:
£26,247 gross starting salary per annum, (consisting of: basic salary £22,290, London weighting £2,100 and bonus £1,719).
Without Heavy Goods Vehicle Class II License:
£24,458 gross starting salary per annum, (consisting of: basic salary £20,639, London weighting £2,100 and bonus £1,719).
Performance Related Pay System
Employee Assistance Program
Season Ticket Loan
Generous Annual Leave & Sick Leave
Paid Public Holidays (U.K. & U.S.)
Are you looking for a job within a stable working environment, with a regular wage and paid public holidays? Do you work well in a team environment?
If you answered yes to all of the above, then this job is for you!
The Facility Management section, at the U.S. Embassy in London, is looking for three experienced hardworking Trades Helpers / Truck Drivers to join their tradesmen team and turn their hand to all tasks given, to include:
- performing semi-skilled work assisting skilled workers in the performance of duties related to electrical, plumbing, air conditioning, heating, carpentry and minor construction and building trades work;
- participating in repair work with a skilled tradesman at functional and government owned/leased residential properties;
- reporting needs for preventative and remedial maintenance to the supervisor;
- recording time required for work performed, ordering, and reporting materials used;
- driving a Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) Class II truck in support of Facilities Management (FM) and Post activities.
The following qualifications are also required. It is very important that you address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item in your application and resume/CV. This will help you in our short listing process.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) Level 1 in any Facility Maintenance trade or an equivalent academic qualification is required.
Experience either in building maintenance work or as a Trades Helper/Truck Driver is required.
Level III English is required.
Working knowledge of materials, tools, and equipment of the trade is required. Knowledge of safety procedures is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to use the basic tools of the trades is required. Capable of performing physical work is required. Ability to understand and follow instructions both written and verbal is required. Semi-skilled in building maintenance procedures is required. Ability to complete simple task independently. To be able to work variable shifts is required. A current full (manual) UK/EU/EEA driver’s license is required.
Interested candidates for this vacancy MUST submit the following for consideration of their application:
- The London DS0174 Application Form – This is our preferred form of application, as it aims to focus the candidate on the essential criteria of an advertised vacancy.
Please reference our instructions on how to complete the UAE/DS-0174 form.
You must ALSO include the following information in your application for employment:
- Your current curriculum vitae/resume.
- Evidence of your legal right to work in the U.K. such as a copy of your passport biographical page, work visa page and, or, birth certificate. Please do not send originals by mail. Copies are acceptable. Short-listed applicants will be asked to provide, prior to interview, original documentation in support of their legal right to work in the U.K.
- Evidence of Appointment Eligible Family Member (AEFM) Preference (such as a copy of your sponsor’s orders), if applicable. Please do not send originals by mail. Copies are acceptable.
PLEASE NOTE: WHETHER YOU ARE AN INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL CANDIDATE, IF YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE IS INCOMPLETE, YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FURTHER FOR A VACANCY.
Submitting your Application
As an environmentally aware employer, our preference is for you to submit your application by email to LNDRecruit@state.gov
Please ensure documents are in Microsoft Word and/or Adobe Acrobat. JPEG, TIFF or SkyDrive files will not be accepted and your application will be determined invalid. Similarly, if your application exceeds 5MB, your application will be determined invalid.
Alternatively, your application can be mailed to:
The Human Resources & Development (HRD) Office
Embassy of the United States of America
24 Grosvenor Square