You are required to furnish the following:
- Evidence of U.S. Citizenship – Such evidence may include but is not limited to: U.S. birth or naturalization certificate, Report of Birth Abroad or an expired U.S. passport.
- Valid, government issued photo I.D.(such as a U.S. or foreign passport, drivers licence or military I.D)
- One U.S. passport sized (2x2inch) photograph – see photo requirements for information or check our SlideShare presentation. Photos which do not meet the requirements will be rejected.
- For applicants under 16, a birth certificate must also be presented and both parents must attend the appointment with the child. If only one parent can appear, please follow these instructions. Attending parents must bring government issued photo I.D.
- Applicants aged 16-17 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The accompanying adult must bring government issued photo I.D
- Form DS-11 (click to be taken to the form). Complete the form online, then print and submit to the U.K. Before you begin, see our YouTube video for instructions on completing the form. DO NOT mail this form to the United States and DO NOT sign it until before a Consular Officer.
- Form DS-64: Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport.This form will be automatically generated when you complete Form DS-11. Submitting this form will declare your passport as lost/stolen;
- The non-refundable application fee for a U.S. passport is $115.00 (for under 16s) or $145.00 (for over 16s). You will pay the fee in person to the Cashier at the time you appear at the Embassy.
To help you further prepare for your appointment and find your way to the U.S. Embassy in London, please also see our appointment guide (PDF 277 KB).