All Interested Candidates / All Sources
Programs Manager, based at the U.S. Consulate General Edinburgh
September 24, 2018
Open Until Filled
Consulate General Edinburgh
Full-time, 40 hours/week
£45,682 gross starting salary per annum, (consisting of: basic salary £42,169 and bonus £3,513).
Performance Related Pay System
Employee Assistance Program
Season Ticket Loan
Generous Annual Leave & Sick Leave
Paid Public Holidays (U.K. & U.S.)
Up to Grade FP 06 (Final Grade and Salary to be confirmed by Washington based on applicant’s qualifications and prior work experience).
The U.S. Consulate General, Edinburgh, is in search of a Programs Manager, with exceptional communication and organization skills, who will be required to develop and execute public diplomacy, political, economic and commercial reporting and engagement programs.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- staying current on local political, economic, and commercial affairs and reporting and advising thereon to the Principal Officer in Edinburgh as well as officials at Embassy London and in Washington DC;
- implementing post’s public affairs programs, including public diplomacy projects and media relations;
- conceiving and organizing special activities and projects in support of post’s political, economic, and commercial priorities.
Interested? Join us!
The following qualifications are also required. It is very important that you address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item in your application and resume/CV. This will help you in our short listing process.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
Undergraduate degree in any of the following subjects is required: Government, International Relations, Public Policy, Scottish Studies, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Political Science or Economics.
Prior professional work experience in private or public sector organizations, in government, the military, media, non-governmental organizations, public administration, or strategic communications is required.
Level IV (fluent) in both written and spoken English is required.
Strong knowledge of Scottish and UK cultural, social, commercial and political structures is required. Basic knowledge of U.S. educational, cultural and political organization is required. Standard knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Position interacts with a wide variety of people of all backgrounds therefore strong interpersonal and communication skills are a must, with the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with the general public and key contacts. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Excellent analytical skills are required. Ability to develop and maintain external contacts is required. Ability to think and work independently as part of a small team is required. Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks and demands simultaneously are required. Attention to detail and accuracy is critical. Competent user of all Microsoft Office products. Must possess a valid, full (manual) UK/EU/EEA driver’s license.
Interested candidates for this vacancy MUST submit the following for consideration of their application:
- The London DS0174 Application Form – This is our preferred form of application, as it aims to focus the candidate on the essential criteria of an advertised vacancy.
Please reference our instructions on how to complete the UAE/DS-0174 form.
You must ALSO include the following information in your application for employment:
- Your current curriculum vitae/resume.
- Evidence of your legal right to work in the U.K. such as a copy of your passport biographical page, work visa page and, or, birth certificate. Please do not send originals by mail. Copies are acceptable. Short-listed applicants will be asked to provide, prior to interview, original documentation in support of their legal right to work in the U.K.
- Evidence of Appointment Eligible Family Member (AEFM) Preference (such as a copy of your sponsor’s orders), if applicable. Please do not send originals by mail. Copies are acceptable.
PLEASE NOTE: WHETHER YOU ARE AN INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL CANDIDATE, IF YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE IS INCOMPLETE, YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FURTHER FOR A VACANCY.
Submitting your Application
As an environmentally aware employer, our preference is for you to submit your application by email to LNDRecruit@state.gov
Please ensure documents are in Microsoft Word and/or Adobe Acrobat. JPEG, TIFF or SkyDrive files will not be accepted and your application will be determined invalid. Similarly, if your application exceeds 5MB, your application will be determined invalid.
Alternatively, your application can be mailed to:
The Human Resources & Development (HRD) Office
Embassy of the United States of America
33 Nine Elms Lane