The U.S. Embassy London has a requirement for a professional archivist to document and provide archival storage for the contents of a collection consisting of thousands of individual pieces including individual pages from commemorative books, artworks, items of clothing, and other miscellaneous items for eventual removal to a research institution.
The successful offeror will:
– hold a professional qualification in Archiving or Documentation Management;
– have demonstrable experience in undertaking similar projects;
– have the capacity to work off-site (the Embassy will arrange delivery and pick-up of the collection as a whole, or in sections) within an hour’s drive of the Embassy in Nine Elms;
– hold relevant insurance and accreditation;
– provide appropriate preparation for archival storage (this may require liaison with the institution selected to house the collection), including all necessary containers and other materials.
The archival process should:
– adhere to the Archive Services Accreditation standards;
– include a digital component;
– provide transferable data.
The Government intends to award a Purchase Order resulting from this solicitation to the lowest priced technically acceptable offeror who is a responsible contractor. Only companies specializing in this field should respond. Interested parties should contact GSO Procurement at the following email address: LondonProc@state.gov by COB August 22, 2022 to register their interest and receive additional information. Bids will be due at a later date and electronic submissions are preferred.
The full advert including contact details can be downloaded here as a PDF (1-page, PDF).
Solicitation Number 19UK5622Q0067
Advert Closing Date COB (17:00 GMT) on August 22, 2022
Registration in SAM
It is now compulsory for all companies doing business with the U.S. Government valued over $30,000 to register on a website called “SAM – System for Award Management” at www.sam.gov
The website compiles standard information such as company legal name, street address, contact information, and what kind of goods and services it offers.
To register in SAM, a DUNS number and a NCAGE code are required. If you do not have this information, it will have to be obtained before registering. There is no cost involved, neither in obtaining the numbers, nor registering in SAM.
Interested parties are strongly encourage you to register their business as soon as possible to avoid any delay in making an award to the successful bidder. Please note individuals are exempt from SAM registration.
Further information as to how to register in SAM can also be obtained on request from firstname.lastname@example.org