The U.S. Embassy London is currently seeking quotations for the supply, delivery, and installation of replacement batteries for their Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) systems as well as the removal of the old batteries from the UPS systems in their telecommunications closets. The contractor will be certified to carry out work on the systems listed below. Quotations should include lead time for installation and separate prices for the different parts and labor, including and excluding VAT.
Contractor will be required to:
- Supply, deliver, and install 380 x maintenance-free Lead Acid Hot-swappable replacement 12v batteries for 25 discrete UPS systems, located across 11 floors of the Embassy. Must be compatible with APC Symmetra RM SYHF6KT Rack Serial number QD1436260195, for example APC SYBT2 Symmetra RM Battery Module or its technical equivalent (see table below).
- Supply, deliver, and install 8 x internal battery replacement 9AH 12VDC batteries for 2 x SUA1500RM120. Must be compatible with the internal battery module for this UPS.
- Remove and properly dispose of old batteries.
- Issue a disposal certificate on completion of the works.
- Be either a Schneider Electric Authorized Services Associate or an APC Elite Partner and certified to carry out the work. Evidence of this must be provided with quotation.
- Provide only APC approved spare parts.
- Include all travel, labor and other incidental costs, charges and fees in the quotation.
Table 1. Battery Replacements Required
|Compatible with UPS Unit||Battery Type||Quantity|
|Symmetra RM SYHF6KT||Rack mounted 5AH 12VDC maintenance-free lead acid hot-swappable battery compatible with 2XSYBT2.||380|
|SUA1500RM120||9AH 12VDC internal batteries.||8|
Only companies specializing in this field should provide a quotation.
This advert and details on how to apply can be downloaded here as a PDF (2-page, PDF).
Solicitation Number 19UK5621P0236
Advert Closing Date 12:00 noon (GMT) on 27 January 2021
Registration in SAM
It is now compulsory for all companies doing business with the U.S. Government valued over $30,000 to register on a website called “SAM – System for Award Management” at www.sam.gov
The website compiles standard information such as company legal name, street address, contact information, and what kind of goods and services it offers.
To register in SAM, a DUNS number and a NCAGE code are required. If you do not have this information, it will have to be obtained before registering. There is no cost involved, neither in obtaining the numbers, nor registering in SAM.
Interested parties are strongly encourage you to register their business as soon as possible to avoid any delay in making an award to the successful bidder. Please note individuals are exempt from SAM registration.
Further information as to how to register in SAM can also be obtained on request from firstname.lastname@example.org