Funding Opportunity Title: Promoting a Better Understanding of the United States through American Studies
Funding Opportunity Number: DOS-London-PD-2019-CA-018
Deadline for Applications: August 2, 2019, 17:00 GMT
CFDA Number: 19.451
Total Amount Available: Up to $150,000
The Embassy of the United States in London invites eligible organizations to submit proposals to develop and implement a small grants program to foster American studies in the United Kingdom through exchanges, speaker programs, and conferences. Initiatives should be designed to promote a more accurate and positive image of the United States. Strictly subject to the availability of funds, the Embassy of the United States in London expects to select one program implementer for a grant award up to $150,000.
The Embassy of the United States in London expects the program to:
- Inspire and enable young people to learn more about the government, culture, history, and people of the United States;
- Identify, connect with, and encourage programs focused on the United States’ culture and history in communities that may not otherwise have the resources to sustain such
- Introduce and enhance participants’ knowledge of and interest in American studies as a specialized field of study;
- Inspire more members of underrepresented communities (particularly women and BAME communities) to explore the American studies as a specialized field of study;
- Provide participants with an improved understanding of the United States and its government, society, history, and culture;
- Give British participants cultural insights into the United States.
If applicable, please plan for dietary restrictions, such as awareness of halal or vegetarian requirements, and for reasonable accommodation for participants with disabilities.
Participants and Audiences
Students of all ages (particularly those in schools with fewer resources to provide exposure to American studies), teachers, academics, scholars, and researchers of American studies.
How To Apply & Deadline
Instructions on how to apply are at www.Grants.gov
Applications must be received before Close of Business (17:00 British Summer Time/12:00 noon Eastern Standard Time) on August 2nd, 2019.