The U.S. Embassy in London is moving. Our new location, in the Nine Elms area south of the River Thames, will open to the public on January 16, 2018.
The address for the new U.S. Embassy in London is:
Embassy of the United States of America
33 Nine Elms Lane
The location of the U.S. Embassy in Google Maps will be switched sometime after the move. In the interim, a Google Maps search for “33 Nine Elms Lane” will yield the correct location for the front of the new building.
The main telephone number will remain the same: +44 (0) 20 7499-9000.
This move does not affect our consulates in Edinburgh and Belfast.
As of Tuesday, January, 16, 2018, all appointments for Embassy services will take place at the new location. The entrance for consular appointments, including U.S. passport applications, will be at the building’s South Pavilion.
The U.S. Embassy and consulates in the United Kingdom maintain helpful information on our website that may assist in answering questions. Please see https://uk.usembassy.gov/
For further detailed information regarding the United Kingdom and travel:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Europe Travel Alert, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country-Specific Information Sheet for the United Kingdom.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the S. Embassy in the United Kingdom, located at 24 Grosvenor Square, London, W1K 6AH (until January 15, 2018), at +44 (0) 20 7499-9000, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Embassy website at https://uk.usembassy.gov/
- S. Consulate General Edinburgh, 3 Regent Terrace, Edinburgh EH7 5BW, Scotland, at +44 (0) 131 556-8315, from 8:30 am to 5 pm on weekdays. After-hours, weekends, and holidays, call +44 (0) 20 7499-9000, or by email at Edinburghemail@example.com
- S. Consulate General Belfast, Danesfort House, 223 Stranmillis Road, Belfast BT9 5GR, Northern Ireland, at +44 (0) 28 9038-6100, or by email at ConsularBelfast@state.gov on weekdays 8:30 am to 5 pm. After-hours, weekends, and holidays, call +44 (0) 1253-501106
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or +1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.