Location: Edinburgh and Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
The 2021 United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP26) will take place in Glasgow October 31-November 12, 2021. This may cause disruptions in transportation and other routine public services throughout the Glasgow and Edinburgh metropolitan areas. Large protests are expected to take place throughout the duration of the conference. U.S. Consulate General Edinburgh advises against unnecessary travel to the area.
The U.S. Consulate General Edinburgh will be unable to provide routine consular services during this period. U.S. citizens requiring emergency assistance should contact Edinburgh-Info@state.gov. Consular services will resume Monday, November 15, 2021.
November 11 is a U.S. holiday. The U.S. Embassy in London and the U.S. Consulates General in Edinburgh and Belfast are scheduled to be closed.
- U.S. Embassy London, United Kingdom
+(44) (0) 207-499-9000
- U.S. Consulate General Edinburgh
+44 (0) 131 556-8315
- U.S. Consulate General Belfast
+44(0) 28 9038-6100
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- United Kingdom Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter