The U.S. Embassy in London is located in the Nine Elms of Wandsworth. Our postal address is: 33 Nine Elms Lane, London, SW11 7US.
To reach the new Embassy, we recommend traveling by public transport as there is no public parking available.
- The closest Tube on the Victoria Line is Vauxhall Underground station.
- The closest Rail station is Vauxhall (National Rail code VXH).
From Vauxhall, it takes approximately 10 minutes to walk to the Embassy; proceed from Vauxhall Tube station Exit 1 for a riverside walk or from Exit 4.
Alternatively, the Embassy is two stops by bus 156, 344, or 436 from Vauxhall Bus Station, Stop E, to Elm Quay Court.
Use our Walking Map (image, opens in new window) to guide you.
From Nine Elms station it takes approximately 6 minutes to walk to the Embassy:
- Exit the station onto Pascal Street,
- Proceed towards towards and underneath the arches of the railway line,
- Once underneath the arches proceed along Ponton Road.
- The U.S. Embassy London will be on your right (circa 2 minutes walk)
Which Pavilion to Visit
- If you are a Consular visitor: when you reach the Embassy, proceed to the South Pavilion Consular Services entrance along Ponton Road. Please arrive 30 minutes in advance of your appointment to allow sufficient time for airport-style security screening.
- If you are an Official visitor: when you reach the Embassy, proceed along the unnamed service road along the East side of the building to the East Pavilion.
- If you are a Consular visitor please see the access guidelines for American citizen services (Passports, SCS, Federal Benefits, etc) or Visa services;
- Other visitors should note that electronic devices such as laptops are not allowed within the Embassy grounds. Please see this list of prohibited items (PDF, 701kb) and storage facilities of the Embassy.
Large bags, such as backpacks, suitcases or packages classed above cabin-size allowance are also not allowed within the Embassy grounds. Please see this list of Left Luggage storage facilities (PDF – 36kb).
Those requiring assistance should make themselves known to the security guards at the gate. Please note any special requirements thus:
- Visitors to the ACS section (Passports & Citizenship, Special Consular Services, Federal Benefits, Notaries) should ensure that they have requested special access. Contact details for each unit are on the American Citizen Services homepage.
- Visa applicants should ensure that they have requested special access using our form.
- Persons who are accompanied by a carer must advise the section they are visiting of their carer’s name and contact details before their visit.