- Employment Opportunities with the U.S. Mission UK
- Legal Right to Work in the UK
- Appointment Eligible Family Member (AEFM) Hiring Preference
- The Application Process
- Job Interview
- The Working Environment
- Pre-Employment Clearances
- Employment Opportunities with other U.S. Missions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Employment and ERA
Pre-employment clearance checks can take some time.
Please note that if you have traveled extensively, have lived in many places, have held many jobs, verifying the information you have provided on your security form will take longer. Therefore your security certification to work at the Embassy will potentially take longer to issue.
Similarly, if medical issues arise, which can be treated within a reasonable amount of time, this may delay your medical clearance being issued.
When Should I Give Notice?
You will need to be certified by both our security and medical departments before you can begin work with the Embassy, therefore we would always recommend not handing in your notice to your current employer before you have received full clearances.