To establish your relationship to a relative who wishes to immigrate to the United States.
Who May File:
U.S. citizens meeting the UK Residency Requirement (valid UK Residency Card; EU passport; U.S. military PCS orders) AND residing in the United Kingdom filing on behalf of their spouse, unmarried child under the age of 21 or parent who will be processed for their immigrant visa from the U.S. Consulate in London. If the beneficiary (spouse, child or parent) will receive the immigrant visa from a U.S. Consulate in a different country other than the United Kingdom, the US citizen petitioner must file the I-130 with the Chicago Lockbox.
Active duty U.S. Military:
Active duty U.S. military service members stationed permanently at a military base in USCIS London’s jurisdiction, but outside of the UK, may file this form directly with the Department of State without needing to establish exceptional circumstances.
U.S. citizens who plan on filing the Petition for Alien Relative (Form I-130) for their foreign spouse/child(ren)/parent to obtain an immigrant visas to relocate to the United States should file the petition at least ten months prior to the date of the planned relocation.
Filing and Other Special Instructions:
Submit the Petition for Alien Relative (Form I-130) and supporting documentation by post/mail to:
USCIS Field Office London (I-130)
Embassy of the United States of America
33 Nine Elms Lane
London SW11 7US
Download and utilize the following checklists to file Form I-130; they contain easy-to-follow detailed instructions.
- I-130 Checklist for Alien Spouse [PDF, 3 pages]
- I-130 Checklist for Alien Child [PDF, 3 pages]
- I-130 Checklist for the Parent [PDF, 3 pages]
- I-130 Photo Requirements [PDF, color, 2 pages]
- Three Part Immigrant Visa Process [PDF, color, 1 page]
There is no checklist for a sister or brother as we no longer accept or process sibling petitions.
- Form I-130 (USCIS.gov PDF, 12 pages).
NOTE: Although the expiration date of the form I-130 is 07/31/2018 continue to use this form until it is replaced.
- Form I-130A (PDF, 6 pages).
NOTE: Although the expiration date of the form I-130A is 07/31/2018 continue to use this form until it is replaced.
- I-130 instructions (PDF, 12 pages) Note: You should only use these instructions as a guide to completing the I-130; if there is a conflict between the instructions and the above checklists that are provided for submitting the I-130 to the London Field Office, you should follow the checklists
- Form G-1145 – E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance (PDF, 1 page)
- although instructions on the form relate to Lockbox filing, please use this form to advise the London Field Office of your email address so that we can properly notify you of your filing of the I-30.
- USCIS Form G-1450: Authorization for Credit Card Transactions (via USCIS.gov)
Forms of Payment
The ONLY acceptable forms of payment:
- Credit card via USCIS Form G-1450 (Authorization for Credit Card Transactions), above;
- U.S. Bank Cashier’s checks;
- U.S. Bank or U.S. Postal money order;
- International bank draft in United States dollars
- All checks must be made out to: U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY.
Rejection of I-130
The Form I-130 will be rejected and returned to the USC petitioner or attorney of record (if applicable)
- USC petitioner lists a U.S. Consulate other than London, United Kingdom or fails to complete Part 4 – Items 62a and 62c.
Note: The London Field Office can only accept I-130 petitions where the beneficiary will obtain the immigrant visa at the U.S. Consulate in London.
- USC petitioner failed to sign and date Part 6 – Item 6a
- USC petitioner did not provide proof of UK residency
- Incorrect form of payment
- Upon receipt of Form I-130, an email receipt notice will be sent to the U.S. citizen or his/her designated attorney of record (if a Form G-28 is provided) confirming the date the Form I-130 was officially filed with the London Field Office;
- All I-130’s are adjudicated in the order that they are filed.
- Current processing times for the I-130 at the London Field Office is between 75- 90 days.
What happens after the Form I-130 is approved?
The approved Petition for Alien Relative (Form I-130) will be hand delivered to the U.S. Consulate/Visa Immigrant Unit at the U.S. Embassy in London who will process the foreign spouse/child(ren)/parent for the immigrant visa. A Notice of Approval will also be posted/mailed to the U.S. citizen petitioner or his/her designated attorney of record.