This page concerns USCIS Form I-601 (Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility), and any associated Form I-212 (Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission into the United States After Deportation or Removal).
Where is the I-601 and I-212 (if applicable) filed?
Applicants who have been found inadmissible for an immigrant visa or either a K1 non-immigrant visa by the Consular Officer may file the Form I-601 and Form I-212 (if applicable) with the USCIS Phoenix Lockbox using the forms and instructions at www.uscis.gov
Exceptions for Permission to File the I-601 and I-212 (if applicable) with the London Field Office
The USCIS Field Office London may accept Form I-601 and any associated Form I-212 filed by an applicant who is resident in the United Kingdom, IF the Field Office Director finds the existence of exceptional and compelling circumstances that require the immediate filing of the application.
Examples of time sensitive, compelling and exceptional circumstances:
- Medical Emergencies – the applicant or qualifying family member is facing a medical emergency that requires immediately travel;
- Threats to personal safety;
- Close to aging out – A beneficiary is within a few weeks of aging out of the visa eligibility;
- Adoption of a child who has an imminent need to depart the country.
Forms and Procedures for Exceptional filing of the I-601 with the London Field Office
Applicants who feel that they have compelling and exceptional circumstances to warrant the filing of the I-601 (and I-212 if applicable) directly with the USCIS Field Office London should submit the following documentation:
- Form I-601 (Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility)
- Form I-212 (Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission into the United States After Deportation or Removal) (only if applicable)
- Supporting documentation (hardship statements, etc.)
- Signed/dated cover letter from the applicant containing a clear explanation of the reason for the request and any available supporting documentation for the need to file the application with the London Field Office.
- Credit Card Payment Form (PDF, 1 page)
- Form G-1145 (Email Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance)
Mail the above documentation to:
USCIS Field Office – London (I-601)
Embassy of the United States of America
33 Nine Elms Lane
London SW11 7US
Action Taken Upon Receipt of Request to file the I-601 with the London Field Office
- If the Field Office Director finds that the applicant provided exceptional and compelling circumstances to file the I-601 and I-212 (if applicable) with the London Field Office, the fee will be taken and a receipt notice provided to the applicant.
- If the Field Office Director finds that an applicant should not be permitted to file the application with the London Field Office, the applicant will be notified that he/she must file the application(s) with the Phoenix Lockbox.