- Contact Consulate General Edinburgh
- Principal Officer Edinburgh
- History of the U.S. Consulate Edinburgh
- Cultural Connections in Scotland
- U.S. Citizen Services in Edinburgh
- Emergency Contact Information – Edinburgh
- Federal Benefits services in Edinburgh
- Visiting Consulate General Edinburgh
- Nonimmigrant and Immigrant Visas
Welcome to the U.S. Citizen Services Section of the Consulate General Edinburgh. We provide all passport, citizenship and consular related services to U.S. citizens in Scotland.
Our regular business hours are 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday. Please note that we are closed on U.S. and U.K. public holidays.
How to Book an Appointment in Edinburgh
Please make an appointment prior to visiting the Consulate. Appointments for Passport Services, for Reporting the Birth of a Child Born Abroad to a U.S. citizen parent(s), and for Notary Services MUST be booked online from the appropriate service page.
For any other U.S. Citizen Service, please telephone (0)-131-556-8315 during office hours (8:30am through 5:00pm) or send an email to Edinburgh-Info@state.gov to book an appointment in advance. This will enable us to ensure that the necessary personnel are available to assist you at the time of your visit.
Out of Hours Emergency Contact Information
In the case of a genuine emergency involving a U.S. citizen outside of normal business hours, see Emergency Contact details.