- Contact Consulate General Edinburgh
- Emergency Contact Information – Edinburgh
- Principal Officer Ellen Wong
- History of the U.S. Consulate Edinburgh
- Cultural Connections in Scotland
- U.S. Citizen Services in Edinburgh
- Federal Benefits services in Edinburgh
- Visiting Consulate General Edinburgh
- Nonimmigrant and Immigrant Visas
Ellen Wong is the Principal Officer of the U.S. Consulate General in Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom, a role she has held since October 2018. As Head of the Consulate, Ellen is responsible for all American Citizen Services in Scotland, and promoting the U.S.-Scotland relationship.
Ellen previously served as the Deputy Political and Economic Counselor at the U.S. Embassy in Dhaka, Bangladesh, and formerly as the Senior Country Officer for Germany.
From 2010 to 2015, Ellen served in Beijing, China and as Special Assistant for East Asia and the Pacific in the Office of the Under Secretary for Economic Growth, Energy, and the Environment. Earlier Department of State assignments included Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
Ellen has a BA in Politics and German from Princeton University, and an MA from the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies.
- Print use: 4053 x 5066px / 300 dpi / JPG (opens in new tab)
The photo credit is: “State Department photo”