- Contact Consulate General Edinburgh
- Emergency Contact Information – Edinburgh
- Principal Officer Ellen Wong
- History of the U.S. Consulate Edinburgh
- Cultural Connections in Scotland
- U.S. Citizen Services in Edinburgh
- Federal Benefits services in Edinburgh
- Visiting Consulate General Edinburgh
- Nonimmigrant and Immigrant Visas
COVID-19 RELATED GUIDANCE
STEP – Smart Traveler Enrollment Program
The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) is a free service to allow U.S. citizens and nationals traveling and living abroad to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
Benefits of Enrolling in STEP
- Receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
- Help the U.S. Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
- Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.
Visit the STEP Website for more information.
The U.S. Consulate General Edinburgh, provides all non-emergency passport, citizenship and other consular services for U.S. citizens in Scotland by appointment only. Appointments are scheduled on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Please review our Visitor Information page for details and directions.
If you have a genuine emergency and require a service outside these hours please contact us to arrange an appointment.
The Principal Officer in Edinburgh is Ellen Wong.
Please note that the Consulate is not open for walk-in inquiries.
U.S. Consulate Edinburgh, Scotland
3 Regent Terrace
Edinburgh EH7 5BW
Telephone, Fax & Email
Phone  (0)131 556 8315
Our hours of operation are Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
All offices are closed on Saturday, Sunday, and U.S. and U.K. public holidays.
U.S. Embassys & Consulates Worldwide
A list of websites for U.S. Embassies, Missions and Consulates is maintained by the U.S. Department of State at www.usembassy.gov