- Contact Consulate General Edinburgh
- Emergency Contact Information – Edinburgh
- Consul General Edinburgh Jack Hillmeyer
- History of the U.S. Consulate Edinburgh
- Cultural Connections in Scotland
- U.S. Citizen Services in Edinburgh
- Federal Benefits services in Edinburgh
- Visiting Consulate General Edinburgh
- Nonimmigrant and Immigrant Visas
U.S. Consulate General Edinburgh
!! TEMPORARY SUSPENSION OF SERVICES AND FACILITY CLOSURE!!
The U.S. Consulate General in Edinburgh will be temporarily closed to the public beginning Tuesday, December 12, 2023 through April 2024.
For passport, notary, or citizenship needs during the above period please see our Mission UK website to schedule an appointment for consular services at the U.S. Embassy in London or the U.S. Consulate General in Belfast: https://uk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/.
Consular staff in Edinburgh will remain available remotely for virtual emergency assistance. For U.S. citizen consular enquiries by email please reach out via Edinburghemail@example.com. This mailbox is monitored during business hours (Monday-Friday between 8.30am -5pm) excluding U.S. and UK public holidays.
The Consul General in Edinburgh is Jack Hillmeyer.
STEP – Smart Traveler Enrollment Program
The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) is a free service to allow U.S. citizens and nationals traveling and living abroad to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
Benefits of Enrolling in STEP
- Receive important information from the Embassy about safety conditions in your destination country, helping you make informed decisions about your travel plans.
- Help the U.S. Embassy contact you in an emergency, whether natural disaster, civil unrest, or family emergency.
- Help family and friends get in touch with you in an emergency.
Visit the STEP Website for more information.
U.S. Consulate Edinburgh, Scotland
3 Regent Terrace
Edinburgh EH7 5BW
Telephone, Fax & Email
Telephone, Fax & Email
Phone  (0)131 556 8315
The Consulate General is open 08:30-17:00 Monday through Friday, excluding U.S. and local public holidays. We do not accept walk-in inquires. If you wish to contact us please email Edinburgh-Info@state.gov
All offices are closed and staff will not monitor this email address Saturday, Sunday, and U.S. and U.K. public holidays.
U.S. Embassies & Consulates Worldwide
A list of websites for U.S. Embassies, Missions and Consulates is maintained by the U.S. Department of State at www.usembassy.gov.