- Consul General Belfast – Paul Narain
- Emergency Contact Information – Belfast
- Visiting Consulate General Belfast
- U.S. Citizen Services in Belfast
- Federal Benefits services in Belfast
- Nonimmigrant Visas in Belfast
- Immigrant Visas
- Tourist Information for Northern Ireland
- Northern Ireland Policy statements
- History of the U.S. Consulate General in Belfast
Paul Narain took up his duties as U.S. Consul General in Belfast in August 2021. A member of the Senior Foreign Service, he most recently served as Political & Economic Counselor at the U.S. Embassy in Sweden. Mr. Narain’s previous assignments include service as Deputy Political Counselor at the U.S. Embassy in Pakistan, and, prior to that, as Deputy Economic Counselor at the U.S. Embassy in Greece. In Washington, Mr. Narain has served in the Operations Center – the Department’s crisis management hub – and on the Executive Secretariat Staffs of Secretaries of State Rice and Clinton. A career member of the U.S. diplomatic service since 2002, he has also served in Azerbaijan and twice in India.
Mr. Narain has received several superior and meritorious honor awards. In 2013, he was awarded the American Foreign Service Association’s Mathilda W. Sinclaire Award for outstanding foreign language study. In 2018, he received the Department-wide James Clement Dunn Award for Excellence.
Mr. Narain earned a Bachelor of Arts from Johns Hopkins University, a graduate diploma from the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies (Bologna Center), and a Master of Arts in conflict negotiation and international economics from Tufts University’s Fletcher School of Law & Diplomacy. He was the Department of State’s National Security Affairs Fellow at Stanford University’s Hoover Institution from 2016 to 2017. Mr. Narain has studied Italian, Russian, Hindi, and Greek.
- Print use image: 1.15 Mb color JPG / 1638×2048 pixels @ 300 dpi (opens in new tab)
The photo credit is: “State Department photo”