You will need to bring the following:
- Your child’s most recent U.S. passport;
- One U.S. passport sized (2x2inch) photograph – see photo requirements for information or check our SlideShare presentation. Photos which do not meet the requirements will be rejected; U.K. sized photos will not be accepted;
- If your child was under 5 at the time their last passport was issued, present 1-2 photographs per year from when that passport was issued to present, to show how their appearance has changed (family or informal photographs are acceptable);
- Your child’s U.S. birth certificate or Consular Report of Birth Abroad, showing the parent’s name(s);
- Government issued photo I.D of parents (such as U.S or foreign passport, driving licence or military I.D);
- The non-refundable application fee for a U.S passport under 16 is $115.00. You will pay the fee in person to the cashier at the time you appear at the Embassy. Fee information is available here; and
- Form DS-11. Before you begin, see our YouTube video for instructions on completing the form. Complete the form online and print. Do not sign it. You are required to sign the form before a consular officer.
The presence of the child is required together with both parents. If one parent is unable to attend, please click here for additional information.
To help you further prepare for your appointment and find your way to the U.S. Embassy in London, please also see our appointment guide (PDF 277 KB).