U. S. Embassy London
Demonstration Alert – U. S. Embassy United Kingdom – November 4, 2020
Location: Central London, United Kingdom
Event: Demonstrations are reportedly planned for November 4 and 5, 2020 in central London and at the U.S. Embassy. In addition to the scheduled demonstrations, unplanned demonstrations may occur at or near monuments and other statues or squares. Rallies may not remain stationary; marches can thus randomly occur resulting in streets and intersections being blocked.
Actions to Take:
- Heed instructions and check updates from UK police and government authorities.
- London Metropolitan Police website is news.met.police.uk
- Follow @MetPoliceEvents and @MetPoliceUK for guidance
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid as much as possible the areas of the demonstrations.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Maintain social distancing practices.
- Notify friends and family of your status.
U.S. Embassy London, United Kingdom
33 Nine Elms Lane
London, UK SW11 7US
+44 (0) 207-499-9000
from U.S.: 011 44 207-499-9000
U.S. Consulate General Edinburgh
+44 (0) 131 556-8315
U.S. Consulate General Belfast
+44(0) 28 9038-6100
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
United Kingdom Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Some useful sources of updates include:
- London Metropolitan Police Service @MetPoliceUK
- Transport for London (TFL) @TFL
- London Fire Brigade @LondonFire
- City of London Police UK @CityPolice
- British Transport Police @BTP