Location: United Kingdom
Event: Health Alert
The Department of State encourages all U.S. citizens to enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security and health updates.
On October 31, Prime Minister Boris Johnson outlined new restrictions in response to the continuing spread of coronavirus. Visit the UK COVID-19 website for detailed and updated information about these new restrictions.
In light of the new restrictions, the U.S. Mission to the United Kingdom has reduced some routine in-person consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information at https://uk.usembassy.gov/
Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice.
The Department of State has issued a Level 3 Travel Advisory for the UK.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Warning for COVID-19 in Europe advising travelers to avoid non-essential travel to Europe.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Travel Notice for the United Kingdom and Ireland.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the United Kingdom.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
U.S. Consulate General Edinburgh
+44 (0) 131 556-8315
U.S. Consulate General Belfast
+44(0) 28 9038-6100