U. S. Embassy London
January 12, 2021
Health Alert – U.S. Embassy London, United Kingdom, January 12, 2021
Location: United Kingdom
The Department of State encourages all U.S. citizens to enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security and health updates.
On January 11, Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced that all persons intending to travel by air to the United Kingdom must produce a negative COVID-19 test result. Beginning 4am on January 15, all persons (with limited exemptions) arriving by ship, plane or train will have to take a test up to three (3) days before departure and provide evidence of a negative result before they travel. For more information please see the Gov.UK website.
Travelers should be prepared for additional travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice and should consult their travel provider prior to departing for international travel or our website at https://uk.usembassy.gov
The Department of State has issued a Level 3 Travel Advisory for the UK.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 4 (Very High) Travel Health Notice for the United Kingdom due to COVID-19 advising travelers to avoid non-essential travel to Europe.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the United Kingdom.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
U.S. Consulate General Edinburgh
+44 (0) 131 556-8315
U.S. Consulate General Belfast
+44(0) 28 9038-6100