Investing in the U.S.
SelectUSA is a U.S. government-wide program led by the U.S. Department of Commerce. Its mission is to facilitate job-creating business investment into the United States and raise awareness of the critical role that foreign direct investment (FDI) plays in the U.S. economy. SelectUSA is designed to complement the activities of our states—the primary drivers of economic development in the United States. Find out how the U.S. Commercial Service UK can help you invest in the U.S.
Attracting Investment, Increasing Employment
On the SelectUSA website, state economic development agencies and businesses — foreign and domestic — will find the information they need to better understand the complete value proposition offered to firms located in the United States.
Information provided includes:
- A searchable guide of federal programs and services available to businesses operating in the United States—including grants, loans, loan guarantees, and tax incentives
- Industry snapshots that describe the competitive landscape
- A catalogue on “Why Select the USA?” that explains the advantages of operating a business in the United States
- A clickable map of the United States to direct our business visitors to individual states’ economic development agencies—their principal partners in the site selection process
Our London office would be pleased to help you ; see here for contact details.
SelectUSA Videos on Investing in the United States
Check out our three new videos to help you with your business expansion in the U.S.. Several important topics are covered as follows:
- Difference between the Federal Government and the State Governments
- Legal Considerations to Ensure Success of your U.S. Expansion
- Understanding the U.S. Tax System
For additional videos to help you expand your business in the U.S. please visit the selectUSA UK website.
- BritishAmerican Business (BAB) is the leading transatlantic business organization dedicated to helping companies connect and build their business on both sides of the Atlantic.
- The latest edition of BritishAmerican Business: American British Trade & Investment: The Guide to Investing in the USA. This annual report is designed to provide information for those UK companies who are looking to set up or expand their operations with the USA.
U.S. Cluster Mapping Tool
When you think of business and investment opportunities in the United States, where’s the best place to start? America is made up of 50 states plus territories and each location has its own unique economic profile.
The free, online Cluster Mapping tool uses more than 50 million data records to help you identify industry regional clusters and make informed investment decisions. Read more!
Global Entry – Skip the Queues
The U.S. Global Entry system allows for expedited clearance of pre-approved, low-risk travelers.
Currently available at 49 U.S. airports and 13 preclearance locations, Global Entry streamlines the screening process at airports for trusted travelers. Global Entry members bypass the traditional CBP inspection lines and use an automated kiosk to complete their admission to the United States. The program has enrolled more than 3 million members, and CBP receives approximately 100,000 new applications for Global Entry each month. As an added benefit, Global Entry members are also eligible to participate in the TSA Pre✓™expedited screening program.
For information regarding business visas please visit https://travel.state.gov/ for detailed information or check our information on Business (B-1) visa.