Subject: Local Removals Services
The U.S. Embassy London intends to issue a Blanket Purchase Order (BPA) for local removals services. Please note that a BPA is not a standard Purchase Order or contract as there is no financial commitment; rather, it acts as an over-arching agreement which allows the persons named on the order to request services up to a specific value using the BPA reference number.
The vendor must be able to provide the following services as and when requested:
- Defurnishing to include collection, loading, protection (blanket wrap unless otherwise requested) and safe transportation of itemized USG household furnishings and appliances from various locations on designated dates to Storawayze, Unit 10 Wilberforce Road, West Hendon, London NW9 6AW
- When defurnishing, the vendor must be able to store goods securely overnight if required for prompt delivery to the warehouse the following day
- Furnishing to include collection, loading, protection (blanket wrap unless otherwise requested) from Storawayze, Unit 10 Wilberforce Road, West Hendon, London NW9 6AW and safe transportation of itemized USG household furnishings and appliances on designated date to identified USG residential/office property
- Furnishing set-up and assembly if requested and possible warehouse staff member as escort
- Quote prior to approval and include all associated parking charges
Only companies or individuals specializing in this field should apply by providing a quote including hourly or day rates for each of the services listed above and providing evidence of the following:
(1) an established business with a permanent address and telephone listing;
(2) prior local removals experience with names and contact details of suitable references;
(3) necessary personnel, equipment and financial resources available to perform the work;
(4) all licenses and permits required by local law;
(5) all local insurance requirements;
(6) names, addresses and telephone numbers of the owners, partners, and principal officers of the Offeror;
(7) name of the Offeror’s Account Representative who will be the Embassy’s POC for the BPA.
Please note it is compulsory for all companies doing business with the U.S. Government valued over $30,000 to register on a website called “SAM – System for Award Management”. www.sam.gov. The website compiles standard information such as company legal name, street address, contact information, and what kind of goods and services it offers. To register in SAM, a DUNS number and a NCAGE code are required. If you do not have this information, one has to be obtained before registering. There is no cost involved, neither in obtaining the numbers, nor registering in SAM. Interested parties are strongly encouraged to register their business as soon as possible to avoid any delay in making an award to the successful bidder.
Interested parties should contact GSO Procurement at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.